Thursday, January 21, 2010

Heidi and the Genius of the Place

I like my small world--the one in which I work. I find a task, learn about it, and try do my best in it and suddenly I'm the smartest, cleverest, most talented person in that area.

Did you know that I--who generally dislikes talking on the phone, especially to strangers--am the best person for asking people I do not know for money?

Did you know that I--who read specific books within specific genres that I specifically enjoy and disregard countless other books--am one of the main people in contributing lists of recommended reads and genres?

Did you know that I--who didn't have email until 10 years ago, didn't use Google until well into college, didn't own my own computer until 5 years ago, and often for the life of me cannot answer the ever-present questions "What just happened?," "What did I do?," and "Where did it go?"--am the fountain of computer knowledge that all seek out to benefit from my wisdom?

Yes. Yes. Always a pleasant surprise to find out that, like Sid the Sloth,
I. Am. A. Genius.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I KNOW her, I KNOW her!!

Cheri Kay said...

Brilliant! I mean . . . genius!