Thursday, June 3, 2010

Dear Friends, Readers, and Thursdays,

I promise I have not abandoned you. Last Thursday I was a mother to three cute, messy, energetic, lovable children. Needless to say, I didn't realize that Thursday had come until Friday. You can imagine my dismay and utter surprise. What?! It's Friday?! When I have three children of my own will I actually forget all about space and time and cease to exist on every online forum in the known universe? Will I stop celebrating the best day of the week? What kind of a person am I?!

But the real mother is home now. And I seem to have regained my understanding of the passage of time as well as my sense of identity.

So Happy Thursday! Today I spent my time picking giant, red, juicy strawberries and transforming those strawberries into jiggly, sticky, delicious jars of jam. There is nothing better than starting your day by collecting and eating mud covered berries and ending your day by cooking and slurping warm jellied fruit.

Ahh--welcome back to my life Thursday. Welcome back.

Sincerely,
Me

2 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Oh, strawberries! And jelly/jam. Yum. I am jealous. I did miss you last Thursday.

And, yes. When you have kids, you will lose all sense of time. At least, I'm told so and have witnessed it lots.

Jess said...

Thursdays + Children = Understandable Absence. I'm glad you're back, and now I want some strawberries. Mmmmm.