Thursday, June 24, 2010

Good 'Ole Fashion Stake-Out

I may be, in fact, the best sister who ever lived.

See, I live with my older brother and he basically finances my entire life. Needless to say, jobless me has very few options when it comes to repaying his generosity. For example, a few weeks back I watched his kids for a week while he and his wife were at a conference in Vegas.

Well, this Father's Day presented another opportunity. I'm typically the type who enjoys making gifts or at least searching long and hard for that perfect, meaningful something. But this year, with funds running short, I gave the gift of time and sleep.

Last night at 12:30 am I packed up the folding chairs, pita chips, Apple Jacks, and sci-fi novels and headed out to the Bridgeport Mall to wait out the night in front of the Apple Store, thus reserving a spot in the iPhone 4 line for my tech-loving brother who stayed at home to sleep so that he could go to work today. He met me at about 5:30 this morning. We finally left triumphant at 9:30 am.

I could have sold my spot in line for $150 cash. Did I? No. Instead, Daven is now a proud owner of the iPhone 4. I dunno what it does, or why it's so cool, or why hundreds of people showed up to wait for hours and hours. All I know is, I got the 29th spot in line. I'm pretty much the best sister in the known universe. (And yes, I'm totally bragging).

Happy Father's Day, brother.

1 comment:

ldsjaneite said...

Yeah. That is pretty Best Sister stuff. Wow. Hope you had a book with you.