Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Change in the Winds, Says I

Things are new in my life:

I finally, FINALLY, FINALLY have a full-time job.

I have a savings account.

My niece calls me "Sheepy." It's the cutest thing ever.

I opened a banana from the top (as opposed to the bottom) for the first time since the fourth grade.

I have a boyfriend. (Seeing this in print is weird.)

I'm in a book club. The "Nerd Book Club" to be precise.

I turned down a job! Let me emphasize that: I turned down a job. They, for once, did not turn me down.

Portland got hot. Hot and sunny. Make that hot and sticky. I love summer.

I ate sushi. It was more delicious than I ever anticipated or could possibly imagine.


The winds are definitely changing.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Oh my oh my--so many things! I'm shocked at a couple! Not at them being in existence, but now knowing about them. (You'd never had sushi before?)

Such wonderful things. I'm extrememly happy for you!!! :-)

Jess said...

WOW! Those are big changes!!! And good ones, too!

Also, tell me about this man, please. ;)

Missed Periods said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of sushi.