Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Opportunity

On this, the day of April Fools, I would like to take the opportunity to openly confess one of my favorite past-times. And although this confession is published to the world, under the protection of April Fools, I will, if so pressed by any future employer, prosecuting lawyer, attractive male, day-time talk show host, or clever song-writer, claim that this confession was only a lame April Fools Day prank.

Okay, here goes: I am an avid eavesdropper. I eavesdrop on my parents, my friends, and strangers. I don't eavesdrop in order to gain vital information. I don't use the information for evil. I simply enjoy hearing what other people have to say. My earliest eavesdropping escapade took place in August 1998. And if I had access to them, I would use extendable ears.

5 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I knew it! Tisk, tisk, tisk! ;)

ldsjaneite said...

I am the unintended eavesdropper, too! I realized it when I would be talking to one person and then comment on a conversation I heard a few feet away. Now I know how you always followed me when I did that!

Jess said...

I feel like successful eavesdropping is a valuable skill to master. It lends to all sorts of enlightenment and hilarity, and if you can do it well, I applaud you! :)

Mona said...

Too hysterical! I think though, that must be how you've gained a lot of your youthful wisdom...do you think?....

ldsjaneite said...

Mona!! You're one of our followers! I feel so honored!!!! I hope you like our blog as much as I love yours.