Thursday, April 29, 2010

"You're Havin' A Hard Time"

The 4-year-old, wind-swept beauty who ties herself to the house with a purple jump-rope sums it up nicely by querying, "Aunt Cheri Kay, are you havin' a hard time?"

Yes. But I got past the Fire-Breathing stage yesterday. Today I've moved on to something I call the Incredulous Chuckling phase. It's akin to the more severe Sarcastic Muttering phase and much more endurable than the Sardonic Giggling episodes--so on the whole, I'd say I'm on the way up.

But yes, my dear, I'm havin' a hard time. Thanks for asking.

3 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Uh-oh. It's a hard time out here, too. I hope yours gets better.

Jess said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you are both having hard times! :( Here is a virtual hug, from me to both of you. At the same time. Group hugs are always better. And I hope things look up for you both, like right now.

Cheri Kay said...

:) Thursdays make virtual group hugs just as good as REAL group hugs.
Thanks!