Thursday, February 4, 2010

Keep a Lid on It!

Having finally accomplished the feat of crocheting a real (and not bad looking) winter hat, I was thrilled that for the first winter in well over 15 years (maybe closer to 20) I was actually going to start regularly wearing a hat whenever I ventured outside in the coldness. I stay warm on my walk to my car, on my drives to...everywhere, on my winter walks, and on my anything else that requires stepping out-of-doors. Not even my "Babushka Scarf Technique" in the last 5 years kept me as warm as a winter hat does.

I wonder...

  • How in the world did I last all those winters without a winter hat?

  • Why in the world did I stop wearing winter hats outside when my father would drive home the fact that we lose ridiculously high number% of our body heat through our head and that it's vital to cover our head?

  • Why, when I averaged 2 colds a winter, did I not take advantage of this easy better-prevention method?

Then I look in the mirror and see a few new visitors who have decided to grace their presence on my forehead.







And I remember why.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hahahah! I laughed out loud when I read this! You are so funny!

I would love to see pictures of you in your cute hat. ;)

ldsjaneite said...

I have sent invites so you can see my recent photo updates. My personal blog has gotten sadly neglected as I get all excited about daily joys on one blog, Austen gabbing & book clubbing on another, and blogging with friends here. Oh well. I'm happy!

Cheri Kay said...

I LOVE IT! IT'S SO TRUE. I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING! AND I THINK IT'S SO AWESOME THAT YOU MADE YOURSELF A HAT!!

and now i feel like I'm yelling at you . . .