Thursday, February 25, 2010

Do you believe in magic?

Thursdays are basically magical.

Here's a list of magical things that happened to me today.

1. I woke up wrapped in a warm heated blanket. Yeah, pretty sure heat and electricity fall under the "Amazingly Fantastic" category.
2. My volunteer work at the Portland Art Museum began today. The people there are nice.
3. I only got lost twice in Downtown Portland, AND I parked in a parking garage all by myself. I feel so grown up.
4. According to my one-year-old niece's mutterings, I've been officially accepted and am allowed to hold her teddy-bear and read her books.
5. For once, I found shoes that fit me comfortably and DO NOT feature sparkly portraits of Hannah Montana. And I only had to try on one pair.
6. Peaches and Cream Oatmeal. What else can I say?
7. I have a new nephew! Okay, so he wasn't actually born today, but I think that merits a week long celebration.
8. For about three hours I listened to the same Coldplay album. Over and over. Never got old.
9. My tank was filled with gas. For some reason, I absolutely hate putting gas in the car. Actually, I know the reason but I'll save that for another post. The point: in Oregon, a jolly fellow whistling to himself fills your tank for you. I never even unbuckled my seat-belt.
10. Finally, saving the best for last, tomorrow I get to be the companion to a sister missionary who doesn't have one. Yep, for the rest of the weekend, I get to look like, teach like, sleep like, and study like a sister missionary. Wha-hoo!!

See? Told you. Thursday = Magic.

4 comments:

ldsjaneite said...

Wow. That's some day. And awesome that you get a missionary experience. And have a nephews. They're as cute as the nieces, but in it's still different.

And parking garages? I totally hear you!

Jess said...

YAY!! Sounds like a fabulous day. My favorite part was the niece accepting you and giving you permission to hold her teddy bear. Love it!

Diane said...

I understand that 3 people write The Thursday Chronicles. It's too complicated to write to everybody, so I'm writing to you. By virtue of your title I feel that I should be in touch. I author "Thursday Chronicles". Small world. I like your blog.

Diane said...

I understand that 3 people write your blog - The Thursday Chronicles. It's too complicated to write to everybody, so I'm writing to you. By virtue of your title I feel that I should be in touch. I author "Thursday Chronicles". Small world. I like your blog.