Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lodging my Complaint

To the Complaint Department:

I have a complaint. I would like to submit the following supportive statements that justify my right and and opinion to this complaint:

1. I only finished graduate school 30 months ago. One guess as to if I still have school loans to pay off.

2. Have you seen what my job field is? Not the highest paying thing there is. Not to mention how generally underappreciated (financially and otherwise) we are.

3. Whatever gives/gave you the right to do a reverse phone number look-up from the address at which I reside which thus caused you to annoy and disturb my landlord and his wife?

4. Calling after 8pm? Are you kidding me? Who in heavens do you think you are?!?!? 'Cause if you knew me you'd know I only talk on the phone after 8pm to family and very close friends!

Those 4 reasons--particularly that last one--are reasons enough for me to choose not to donate to this college's annual fund, even if I am an alumnus with an education to owe the school.

Call me again when that education has been paid off and I will gladly consider helping others. Oh, and when you do call again, call at a reasonable hour and maybe try the number that is listed with the school records.

Thank you.

-Disgruntled College Graduate

2 comments:

Jess said...

Hahah!! I mean, no, I am not laughing at your unfortunate experience. Boo on them.

Get this: BYU calls my dad and asks for money. My Dad went to BYU for one semester as a transfer student while dating my Mom and then went back to his college in Alberta after they were married!

Oh, Alumni organizations...

Cheri Kay said...

Ha ha--ridiculous.


"Are you saying you want to lodge a complaint with Star Command?"